Midnight Crew Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server for Streamers by Streamers

3 posters

Go down

Server for Streamers by Streamers Empty Server for Streamers by Streamers

Post  InbredFreak Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Before I start I know the donations have nothing to do with having rights to the server.. I understand, I respect that fully.

What I do want to discuss is the selection process of who technically is classed as a 'Streamer' and who you deem fit to have access to the server at times when its locked to general players which again I understand has to happen.

I myself stream, yes its a new'ish stream, I have a small following which is nothing like the size of most (if not all) of your streamers but I stream nonetheless.. All my game footage I play is pretty much streamed live just like most streamers, I have nothing to hide like most streamers and the concept of a server for streamers by streamers is what enticed me to play on TMC as even I have suffered from stream sniping/hackers/bad server logins etc even with my small amount of followers.

So when the server locks down like this it hurts us small streamers.. we need access to good servers to maintain our stream quality just like the bigger streamers.

I think you need to develop a level of trust to help us develop our small streams to.. we can't hid anything as our game-play is recorded and watched and can be checked at anytime. Could even be a rule that whilst on the server all game footage must stay on-line for 48 hours before being removed so it can be audited if need be.. I don't care.. I have nothing to hid like many other small streamers.

What I propose is that TMC consider maintaining list that can be applied for on the website(I understand you can't be expected to know who streams and doesn't just by names) and those players go through a vetting process to be put on a permanent trusted list so we can play without worrying our smaller streams are going to suffer the lose of server access.

Hope you can see what I'm trying to say.. I'm sure I'm not the only small streamer that wishes to do nothing but what the server was set up for.. play and entertain..

Regards

InbredFreak
InbredFreak
InbredFreak

http://twitch.tv/inbredfreak

Back to top Go down

Server for Streamers by Streamers Empty Re: Server for Streamers by Streamers

Post  Akaedis Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:51 pm

im just gonna stop you there and say this, only the crew staff is USUALLY on when its locked for a certain purpose, anything other than that, people like TBC or 5hizzle dont get in just like everybody else, i have no idea where your getting this "it hurts us little streamers" thing, the servers purpose is to allow streamers to stream clean, and fast without long load in screens, or stream sniped every 5 minutes.

the reason it locks every few hours is to restart the server to allow it to clean its buffer so load in times are not 20 minutes, generally it works most times after everyone is logged in.
Akaedis
Akaedis

http://www.bentspoongaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  InbredFreak Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Sorry you misunderstand.. I can only assume you are unaware that only 'Trusted Streamers/Players' are currently allowed access to server?

Clarification:
When I mentioned lock down.. I mean like how the server status is currently.. Only for trusted streamers and players.. not a maintenance shut down.. as currently the server is half full and watching the streams can drag a little when combat engagement is low..

low pop = less combat engagement
(unless everyone decides to stay on the coast for PvP sessions)

Anything that can increase pop numbers to maintain them high will increase the stream quality for all streamers..

So again, I fully understand what I am saying.. I am not whining, bitching or venting.. I'm throwing out an idea that will not only help support smaller streamers who need that love... but it will also benefit the bigger streamers in providing content for their streams to..

The server needs a way to recruit more streamers onto the server they can trust.. all I'm saying is please consider this as an option.. As I know no-one on the server that can vouch for me and the only way for anyone to start that trust in me is to pre-vet me.. thats all I'm saying.. show some love to smaller streams who also want to be part of this great server community.

So please re-read my post with my current clarification in mind.. think more kum bye yar around the camp fire sharing beanz and les OMG bandit in cherno :-D

InbredFreak
InbredFreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaedis Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:43 am

So let me get this straight, your "complaining" that your un able to join the server, even tho i can clearly see many others able to get on? including viewers?

did you happen to do the following first:
-Donate/Contact someone from the crew
-Send your info to an admin
-Wait to be added
-Success?

i have yet to see anywhere stating "no little streamer is allowed on the server" yet.
Akaedis
Akaedis

Back to top Go down

Post  Skepy Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:41 am

What I think he means is that the bigger streamers get the new password instantly. The smallers streamers have to wait like everybody else in line.

Skepy

Back to top Go down

Post  InbredFreak Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:14 am

Skepy got it in one..

Akaedis.. seriously stop looking for negativity..

As I keep saying, I'm just throwing this out there for all small streamers.. the more active the server is the better the server will be for stream content for everyone and when douche bag script kiddies throw their dummy out the pram.. streams of any size don't suffer.

So how about it guys.. is it something you can consider.. I know I can't be the only person who thinks if the server goes down for what ever reason again and its locked for trusted only, dreads the slow gameplay..

Simple system in place to maintain high pop and reduce disruption.. thats all I'm asking I suppose.

high pop FTW!
low pop for loot hoarding tarts >.>
InbredFreak
InbredFreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaedis Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:14 am

so you want to become more special than the midnight crew gang? yeah thats not gonna happen, your just gonna have to wait for your email like EVERYONE else.

imma tell you this, just because your a streamer, does not make you priority number one over the 500 other people, it does however make you a priority over the viewers/members who play, but not by much. IF you have a substantial amount of viewers , yes, you WOULD get the password instantly as you would need it much faster, as your probably making money, as small twitch streamers are not. so hence fourth, they would get it quicker, but EVERYONE has to wait just like you, so pretty much about like 10 people TOPS are in before you, is that REALLY a big issue that your gonna write WALLS of texts about?

like seriously, all your posts are saying to me atm is "im greedy, i want special rights to get into the server first before everyone else does so i can get them loots while everyone loads in".

Akaedis
Akaedis

Back to top Go down

Post  InbredFreak Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:06 am

Ok tried to respond nicely to your angry little troll remarks as best I could.. not going to try again for a third time.

If you honestly can only see me trying to be greedy and look out for myself in my post then that's your opinion.. I can assure you I get nothing from this as I 'ALREADY' have access.. This post is and always has been about looking to implement a system that effectively promotes the server mission statement.. 'For Streamers By Streamer' and how unknown streamers often smaller streams can also get noticed and gain the trust of the server.

I fortunately seem to be privileged with that trust to have access.. but I'm sure there are others that are getting lost in the noise of all the donators all trying to scramble to get access..

So before you go spouting of your angry remarks in future.. learn to read and accept what is written for how it was intended.. you had three attempts to understand my point of view with very clear notes of what my intentions are.. you failed on each one.. congrats.

This is my last comment in response to you. carry on trolling.. waste your own time from now on.

Anyone who wants to contribute positively than I'll be happy to engage in a mature dialogue to discuss this.. any of the server admins what to chat anytime about thinking through this give me a shout here or by email..

I have a wealth of experience.. been doing this stuff a long time.. feel free to make use of it.

InbredFreak

Last edited by InbredFreak on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
InbredFreak
InbredFreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaedis Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:17 pm

Alright, Final Words, i will respond to anyone who responds to me then.

EVERYONE Will Be Treated The Same, NOBODY Will Get Special Rights UNLESS It's REQUIRED For A Decent Reason, Saying Your A Little Streamer And Demand Special Rights Is NOT A Decent Reason, Its Just Greedy.

THE END
Akaedis
Akaedis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down